Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tomato-Rice soup


I was tired fighting a blocked nose all night. The morning was no better. And to top it all it was raining cats and dogs in Chennai! yes it was...so bunked office...to catch up with some sleep or just some rest and mostly to save myself from the ac onslaught!!

Now I had to have some lunch...something hot and spicy but that took very little effort. So I just put everything in together and brewed some Tomato-Rice Soup. And it tastes awesome :D

Here is how I made it:

Tomatoes, small, cubed 2
Medium size onion, cubed 1
Garlic cloves 5 or 6
Carrot, small, cut in chunks 1
Coriander leaves one handful
Rice one handful
Red lentil(Masoor dal) one handful
Butter 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Fresh ground Pepper to taste

In a pressure cooker melt the butter add all ingredients except for pepper.
Saute these for a few seconds and keep stirring. I guess you can add any veggies you like or have at home :P
Add one and half glass of water (adjust to desire!) and close the cooker and let it cook. Wait for about 3-4 whistles. And the soup is ready.
Add fresh ground pepper and just gulp it down.

Try it out on a rainy day and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment